BEGINNING YOUR NEW LIFE IN PRAYER – FOLLOW UP 6
Prayer is simply to converse with God. Prayer should include the following elements:
(WORSHIP AND PRAISE)
- Psalms 95:6 we are told to?
Prayer was the backbone of Christ’s life and ministry. To become like Christ, we need to learn to pray.
(Read Psalms 95:7)
1.Why should we worship God?
(Read Psalms 135:3)
- Why should we praise God?
(Read 1 Chronicles 29:11-12)
- What does this passage tell us about God’s character?
Spend some time to worship and praise God today.
(Read Psalms 66:18)
- What happens when we pray with unconfessed sin in our lives?
(Read I John 1:9)
- What does God say He will do when we confess our sins?
(Read Psalms 106:1)
- According to this verse, what should we do?
(Read 1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- According to this verse, for what should we thank God?
(Read Romans 8:28)
- According to this verse, why can we thank God for everything?
- SPECIFIC REQUESTS
(Read James 4:2b)
- Why are the needs of some Christians not met?
(Read Matthew 7:7)
- What will happen when we tell God of our needs?
List your needs and requests to God. Make it specific. You will know when He has answered them.
Thank God when He does.
Use the word ACTS to remember the elements.