BEGINNING YOUR NEW LIFE WITH CHRIST
(ASSURANCE OF SALVATION)
Every Christian can have the assurance that a right relationship exists between himself and God. Without this confidence, it is impossible for one to experience true happiness and fulfilment in life.
The moment that you, as an act of faith, receive Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Saviour, He comes in. This is what He promises in Rev. 3:20.
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will go in and eat with him and he with me.”
i. Have you received Christ into your life in this way? ______________________________________________________________________________
ii. If so, where is Christ right now in relation to you? ______________________________________________________________________________
iii. On the Basis of Revelation 3:20, how do you know that Christ is in your life?______________________________________________________________________________
Now that you have Christ in your life, you have established a personal relationship with Him.
You have now become a true Christian. You do not become a true Christian by living a good life or by being born into a Christian family. The word “Christian” means “Christ in one,” that is, Christ in you. The Bible tells us that many things happen when Christ comes to live in you.
A NEW RELATIONSHIP
1. What does the resurrection prove to us about Jesus Christ? (Rom. 1:4) ______________________________________________________________________________
2. Who is Jesus Christ? (1 John 5:20) ______________________________________________________________________________
3. What would be the result for us if Christ had not risen from the dead? (1 Cor. 15:13-17) ______________________________________________________________________________
4. a. What did you become when you received Christ? (John 1:12) ______________________________________________________________________________
b. Since other Christians also have the same Father (God), what is your relationship to them? ______________________________________________________________________________
5. a. Is salvation the reward for a man’s good works? (Eph 2:8,9)
b. How is salvation obtained? ______________________________________________________________________________
6. a. Have you received forgiveness for your sins? (Colossians 1:13,14)
b. How many of your sins were forgiven? _____________________________________________________________________
7. a. Will Christ ever leave you? (Heb. 13:5) _____________________________________________________________________
b. Since Christ has promised never to leave you, how many times do you have to invite him into your life? _____________________________________________________________________
A NEW LIFE
1. Read 1 John 5:11-13
2. Where is eternal life found? ______________________________________________________________________________
3. If a person has Christ in his life, what kind of life does he have? ______________________________________________________________________________
4. a. Can a person know that he has eternal life right now? (1 John 5:13) ______________________________________________________________________________
b. Do you know that you have eternal life? ______________________________________________________________________________
c. How do you know? ______________________________________________________________________________
A NEW ADVENTURE
1. Now that you have Christ in your life, what have you become? (II Cor. 5:17) ______________________________________________________________________________
2. What can separate you from Christ? (Rom. 8:38, 39) ______________________________________________________________________________
3. Who can take you away from Christ? (John 10:27-29) ______________________________________________________________________________
If you were to die tonight, how sure are you that you would spend eternity with God? 0…..25…..50…..75…..100%
1. On the basis of this study, what are some of the things that you know are true in your life right now? ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Would you like to thank God right now for what He has done for you? Thanking God demonstrates faith!
Read the John chapter 3.